This week, I heard a radio spot about a breakfast sandwich that was good, but potentially devastating to the radio station financially. One of the seat-fillers Neil Patrick Harris talked to during the Oscars broadcast is a radio host! Also, I explore where great content comes from and the answer is both living life and being creative; organic and manufactured. I have examples. Check out the Radio Stuff Episodes on SoundCloud or at www.radiostuffpodcast.com
Last week, the Radio Stuff podcast dissected the SNL 40th Anniversary red carpet show for lessons on interviewing. To listen click here.
Today, while watching the Academy Awards red carpet coverage see how many of these you notice.
1. Interviewer guesses the emotions of the stars. (You must be excited…were you surprised?.. Are you nervous?)
2. Interviewer asks a yes or no question.
3. Interviewer makes a statement and hopes the guest fills the space. (That was amazing… Tell me about…)
4. Interviewer confuses star by asking multiple questions at once.
5. Interviewer asks awkward question due to lack of prep/research.